My local supermarket had a sale on Pork Ribs and I went and bought a ridiculous amount that of course would not fit in my crock pot so I had to make it in the oven. Luckily it worked great and luckily I had guests to help us finish it off. I was also thrilled to finally use the Bulgogi Marinade that my friend Mariko had sent me for my Birthday.
BAKED SWEET PORK RIBS
- 2 pounds pork shoulder ribs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 up water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 cup Bulgogi Marinade
- preheat oven to 350*
- Spread the sugar in the bottom of a medium sized skillet. Pour 1/4 cup of the water and the lime juice. Let it sit for a minute. Then heat over medium heat until the sugar begins to liquefy. Reduce the heat to medium low and let the caramel boil until it turns red.
- Add the rest of the water, chopped onion and Bulgogi Marinade and let simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
- Place the pork ribs in a medium sized glass casserole pan
- Pour the sauce from the skilled on top of the pork ribs
- back at 350* for 1 and 1/2 hours.