This cheese cake is a direct result from the nectarine tart that I fell in love with over at Smitten Kitchen. I also have to thank Dona Ana and her son Miguel from the Santa Cruz flee market for having the best fruit and vegetable stand in
the , ok fine, my world. Today they were selling their juicy peaches for .50cents a pound. As soon as I got home I busted out my tub of cream cheese and got right to work.
PEACH CHEESE CAKE
(This recipe is my variation of the Smitten Kitchen tart recipe)
- 3 cups gingersnap cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted melted butter
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 medium peaches, halved, pitted, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup golden plum jam, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Finely grind gingersnaps in processor.
- Move to a large bowl and add butter
- Mix with a wooden spoon until crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Press mixture over bottom and up sides of 9-inch-diamenter pie pan.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes
- Mix all 6 ingredients in medium bowl until smooth.
- Spread filling in prepared crust.
- Cover loosely and top with peaches
- Overlap peach slices atop filling in concentric circles.
- Brush with warm jam.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.