Metta ... I vote for something with pumpkin, dulce de leche, cream cheese, and breadish pudding.
When I read off those ingredients to my husband he was all over it. On Saturday he baked this delicious pumpkin pie/cake/bread... whatever you want to call it so that we would be ready to pig out on Monday.
We were inspired by the recipe from fullblown technicolor and of course made some variations and added the finishing touch, dulce de leche. Here is our recipe.
cream cheese filling
- 12 ounces (1 1/2 packages) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (1/2 can)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 375* and grease baking dish
- Combine the filling ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix using an electric mixer until it is smooth.
- Put half the bread mixture in the greased dish. Next put all the cream cheese filling in a smooth layer on top of that. Then put the rest of the mixture on top and bake for 60-70 minutes until lightly browned on top and cooked through.
- Cover with dulce de leche
Thank you Metta for your suggestion.
Other tempting suggestions:
- Latu-Vaki Family- upside down apple pie glazes with pecans on the bottom
- Fuji Mama- chocolate, sweet chestnut puree, and more chocolate
1) canned milk, cheese, mushrooms, spinach
2) buttermilk, sugar, almond, butter
3) buttermilk, lemon, cinnamon
4) chocolate, cream, almonds