Here is my quiche recipe. Please don't send me hate mail about how I'm clogging up my arteries. I know, I know...but I'm addicted to fatty foods. sigh!
Bacon and Veggie Quiche
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 up plus 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 2-3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 packet of bacon
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut the bacon into 1" slices and place it in a frying pan.
- Dice the onions and mushrooms and place in the frying pan with the bacon
- Once everything is fully cooked place the spinach in the frying pan and let cook for about 3 minutes stirring often so that the mixture doesn't burn.
- Place the heavy cream and cream cheese in a large bowl and mix until it is totally incorporated and smooth.
- Beat eggs slightly and add to the heavy cream and cream cheese mixture along with the grated cheddar cheese. remaining ingredients into egg and mix slightly again.
- Fold pastry into fourths and place in quiche dish. Unfold and ease into dish, pressing firmly against bottom and side.
- Spread the bacon mixture on top of the pastry.
- Slowly pour the cream mixture over the bacon mixture. Be careful to not overflow.
- Bake for 15 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake for 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted comes out clean.