I first learned about pomegranates from my husband's family. His grandpa brought some pomegranate cuttings from the family farm in Nevada when he moved to California over 50 years ago. His grandpa lived to be 99 years old and his Grandmother is now in her 90s and still takes good care of the pomegranates that grow strong in her backyard. His family has many good pomegranate recipes and to add to the tradition I decided to create one of my own using fresh pomegranates and POM juice.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- Enough pomegranate arils for garnish
- Using a stand-up mixer whip the heavy cream on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and 1 cup of POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice and mix for an additional minute.
- Dissolve 1 packet of unflavored gelatin in 1/4 cup POM Juice
- Bring to a boil the remaining 1/4 POM Juice. Once the juice begins to boil add it to the dissolved gelatin and stir for 30 seconds.
- Pour the dissolved gelatin in to the cream mixture and mix on medium speed for 1 minute
- Refigerate for 1 hour and garnish with pomegranate arils.
- Serve chilled.