"My aunt, who is hosting this year's Christmas gathering, wants to have a "soup and salad" meal. My mother just told me this. So I responded, "Soup and salad, and what else?" Because WTF? Everybody could stand to eat more healthily, sure, but it's Christmas, not Tuesday. I told mom that we can bring a pie and just put it in a pot."
Claudia, this salad is for you my friend (and all of my readers who may be faced with a similar problem). It's totally delish and refreshing. It will go fabulous with your pie in a pot!
Christian's aunt made this last week for Thanksgiving. And thank goodness she did because I was looking way more forward to this than the Turkey. This is her recipe. No measurements so just use as much as you think necessary. How's that for free spirited?
- Cut kale in thin strips and bite size
- Marinate the kale in olive or hemp oil and lemon juice.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Slice a red onion and marinate it in balsamic vinegar.
- Slice red, orange, and yellow sweet peppers and add to the marinated kale.
- Add the red onions, crumbled feta cheese, sesame seeds and hot pepper sesame oil.
- Garnish with sunflower seeds and sliced celery.
- Season with herbal salt and Braggs liquid amino acids