Thanks everyone who voted last week. Baked Potato Chips was a definite winner. I'm glad because it is so easy to make and tastes so much better than store bought potato chips. This Recipe below is for 2 people so I suggest doubling it if you have a crowd.
- 5 medium sized potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
(Preheat oven to 350)
- Wash out the potatoes very, very well.
- cut out the potatoes 4 mm thick. I started using a slicer and then did it all in my food processor.
- Have 2 cookie sheets ready. Place 1 tablespoon olive oil on each cookie sheet and put it in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove the hot cookie sheets and place the potato slices on the cookie sheet. Be careful so that the slices do not overlap.
- Sprinkle the remaining olive oil on top of the potato slices and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes and flip all the potato slices to the other side.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until it is crisp.
- Remove from cookie sheet and place on top of a plate with paper towel so that it drains some of the oil.
- Serve warm or wait until it is completely cool to store in an air tight container.
please vote again for next week's recipe.