Our garden just gave us the last fruits of summer this past week. Sometimes you can have too many tomatoes lying around and then you feel all bad because you're not eating them quick enough. Tomato sauce is easy to freeze and roasted tomato sauce is easy to make.
Roasted Tomato Sauce
- ripe tomatoes
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- preheat oven to 250*
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Place them on top of a cookie sheet
- drizzle with live oil and vinegar
- season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper
- bake for 2 hours
- remove the tomatoes from cookie sheet and puree them in a blender or food processor.
- This refrigerates well for up to a week. What ever you don't use freeze for a cold winter day when you're dreaming of summer tomatoes.