yields 2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Cream the butter, sugar, and pumpkin puree
- Add the egg to the creamed mixture and beat until well incorporated.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add half of the sifted ingredients into the egg mixture. Stir with a mixing spoon. Then add the rest of the sifted ingredients and stir until well incorporated.
- Cover the mixing bowl and put it in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Mix one tablespoon of sugar and one tablespoon of cinnamon on a small plate.
- Break off a bit of cold dough, about the size of a walnut, and roll it into a ball.
- Roll the ball around in the dish of cinnamon-sugar.
- Put it in the cookie sheet and make more balls the same way.
- Leave a lot of room around each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes. These cookies are really soft when you take them off the cookie sheet. lift them up carefully with a spatula and set them on a wire rack to cool.