The moment Christian asked me what I wanted for Christmas I said what I wanted so fast he couldn't even understand me. Or maybe, he just pretended not to understand.
Is asking to travel by myself totally unreasonable?
I want my family there I just don't want to travel with them. I want an airplane ride solo sans-children because after coming back from Brazil in September, I officially hate traveling with my children. Enzo asked if Hawaii was 4 plane rides away. We told him it was just one. "That's why I like Hawaii more than Brazil." He said. Ouch! But can you blame him?! That's why I like Hawaii more than Brazil and I love Brazil
Anyway, we are on a plane this very second. We are on our way to Hawaii. This post was scheduled. I wrote it yesterday. If I don't respond to your comments it's because the plane crashed, the chances of that happening though are slim so really I need to focus on making the trip not so terrible.
What happened to peanuts and soda on the plane?
Did it really cost the airplane companies so much money that they can't feed us a little snacky snack?
Whatever, we're taking our own food and our won hip travel food bag to boot. It's insolated so that I can pack tuna fish sandwiches and not worry about it going bad. Wanna give someone a good Holiday gift Give them a travel food bag for the plane filled with yummy food. The'll love you for thinking of them and will appreciate the food they can barter off for good headphones, or who knows maybe even a little game of solitaire on someone's ipad.
1- Find a blank canvas insulated bag
2- Iron ons! I love iron ons. Urban Outfitters is my favorite place to find iron ons and Mike Perry's Iron On Kits are a recent obsession. A more recent obsession would be printing my own iron ons but since my printer... forget it let's not even go there... (CHRISTIAN!!!)
3- Make a cool design. Play with it, get input, mix things up.
4. Iron it on. This is the tricky part even though it should be the easy part. I always put the iron on low and leave it on for half of the time that it actually asks for. I like the faded look and I've burnt things in the past which was sad.
5. Fill it up with yummy treats that will not induce gas. Whinny kids who fart are the worst.
Snacks for the plane:
- Lollipops. We always take lollipops for Enzo because it helps to have him suck on something when the plane is landing otherwise his ears hurt, hurt, hurt.
- Beef jerky or sandwich meat. Protein keeps the hunger away and it's easy to munch on.
- String Cheese. I make my kids actually string the cheese. It gives them something to do on a long ride.
- Fruit. Since we always travel to places where we can't bring fresh fruit we make sure to eat it all on the plane. Grapes are a favorite because they also help quench the thirst.
- Water. We bring empty water bottles and fill it up after passing through security.
- Veggies. We always bring baby carrots, they're crunchy and delicious.
- Nuts. Peanuts make my kids gassy. No peanuts. We bring almonds instead
- Candy. Enough so you can bribe them to stop kicking the seat in front of them.
If you are taking a longer flight that serves meals I would recommend checking out AirlineMeals.net to see what kind of food you're getting. Often times it's not a bad idea to pack your own food.
What's your favorite snack to eat on the plane?