Since Christian and I are only doing desserts once a week we figured that whatever we make better be worth our time and our inevitable sugar-high.
This cheesecake was worth it.
No Bake Cheesecake with Hot Guava sauce
1 package of graham crackers
5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon sugar
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cups sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup guava paste
1/2 cup water
- Crush the graham crackers in a food processor until very fine crumbs form.
- Pour crumbs into a medium bowl and stir in the coconut oil and sugar.
- Press the crumb mixture into a 9-inch springform pan. Chill crust in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sweetened condensed milk a little at a time until well incorporated. Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour the filling into the crust and smooth the top with a spatula. Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Unclasp sides of pan and remove the cheesecake.
- In a small saucepan add the guava paste and water and stir on medium-low heat until the guava paste is completely melted. Serve the hot guava sauce over the slices of cheesecake.
Have a fun and delicious weekend! I'm planning on turning 30 in the company of friends and my kids who keep me young. Those are my weekend plans.
See you back here next week.