Passion fruit is one of the many names for this delicious sour fruit. It comes in so many varieties and also size. This picture is one that I took of a large yellow passion fruit, perfect for juice and mousse. Hawaii is full of smaller passion fruit so if you are in that side of the country or at any location where you can find this delight then try this passion fruit mousse that I am requested to make by my husband any time the fruit is in our home.
passion fruit mousse
This is a very simple recipe. Below is a picture of the recipe. The consistency is not very firm, that is because I omitted tasteless gelatin. The taste is the same it just takes about 2 minutes to make instead of 15.
- 1/4 cup passion fruit concentrate (1/2 of a large fruit or 2 small passion fruits)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- table cream or heavy cream
- Scoop out the pulp of the fruit and put it in the blender. Blend it up and then drain it so that you can get all the little black seeds out.
- after you drain the pulp put it back in the blender and add 1 can of sweetened condensed milk and the same amount of of table cream, just measure the table cream inside the can of sweetened condensed milk. Note that table cream is thicker so it is much better for this dessert. But if you can't find table cream then add heavy cream.
- Blend everything on high for 1 minute.
- Put in a medium size glass or metal bowl and let refrigerate over night.