- \ˈmer-ij, ˈma-rij\
- Middle English mariage, from Anglo-French, from marier to marry
- you pick me blackberries and I'll make you crepes
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons stick margarine or butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
1. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Beat with hand beater until smooth.
2. Lightly butter 6- to 8-inch skillet. Heat over medium heat until bubbly.
3. For each crepe, pour scant 1/4 cup batter into skillet. Immediately rotate skillet until thin film covers bottom. Cook until light brown. Run wide spatula around edge to loosen; turn and cook other side until light brown.
4. Stack crepes.
5. fill with fresh fruit and plain yogurt and top with fresh whip cream.