POTATO VINAIGRETTE (with a little something, something)
- 8 medium potatoes pealed and cubed
- 1/2 pound of green beens diced
- 3 beets sliced 1/4 inch
- 2 tomatoes cubed
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 medium sized onion
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- cook the potatoes, beets, and green beans all in separate pans until tender
- while the vegetables cook chop the onion in thin slices. I like to caramelize the onions because my husband is not that into raw onions. This is optional but adds a nice sweet taste.
- cut the tomatoes and set aside
- In a large bowl mix the potatoes, green beans and beets together. Let it cool down a bit before you add the tomatoes or else it makes the tomatoes soft.
- Add the caramalized onions to the bowl along with the vinegar, olive oil and salt.
- add the tomatoes and mix everything together
- garnish with finely chopped parsley
- serve warm or chilled, both ways work great.
If you can get past (a) then (b) can also be dealt with. On the burner next to the one where you are frying the fish have a pan with orange peels boiling with water the whole time you are frying. This totally helps diminsh the smell of fish