We had a nice picnic at the Santa Cruz board walk while we watched this...
and ate a lot of these deliciously fried things.
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup manioc (yucca) flour
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the grated zucchini in a kitchen towel and squeeze. Try to get as much of the water out as possible.
- Place the zucchini in a medium bowl.
- Put all the other ingredients in the bowl and mix with your hands.
- Season with salt and pepper and any other spices that you like.
- In a medium sized skillet place olive oil and let it get hot.
- Once the oil is hot mold the cakes in you hands so that it is about 1 inch thick and 3 inches wide.
- fry those babies up about 4-5 minutes on each side.