Yesterday Christian solved my problem by making this delightful treat. It was easy, practical ,and decadent. All you need is blackberries, sugar, and puff pastry and some orange butter cream to glaze the top.
BLACKBERRIES IN PUFF PASTRY
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry (Trader Joe's has excellent puff pastry!)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- orange buttercream frosting (see recipe HERE)
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Take the frozen puff pastry out of the freezer and thaw for 10-15 minutes
- Place the puff pastry on a cookie sheet.
- Spread the blackberries on top of the puff pastry. Line them up right in the middle.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of the blackberries.
- Fold the sides of the puff pastry so that the sides meet in the middle.
- Bake or 15-20 minutes
- Remove from the cookie sheet right away and place on a serving plate
- Let the puff pastry cool down for about 5 minutes until you glaze with the buttercream.
- Glaze with butter cream and serve warm with ice cream.