Grad school is awesome for coming up with elaborate justifications and terrible for your ego...but more on that later or maybe never since this blog is my escapism from real responsibilities. None the less my Halloween craft for the year was made. Voila!
Today another bloggy blog inspired me to make another Halloween thing. O.K fine, it's not really Halloween cookies but since it involves pumpkins than it's all good. So I made a batch of pumpkin cookies inspired by La Fuji Mama who needs to stop posting such good recipes before I drown in my own drool.
I modified the original recipe so that they are vegan. I'm going to a very crunchy granola pot luck in 10 minutes so I think they'll be a hit.
Vegan Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 tsp. soy milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375* degrees.
- Mix sugar, oil, and apple sauce on medium speed for about 1 minutes
- Add pumpkin and milk and mix for an additional 30 seconds
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and oatmeal with rest of dry ingredients
- Slowly add to the wet mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes makes 3 dozen