I am so proud of our garden. We are still getting beautiful tomatoes and leeks. Maybe next year we'll grow some eggplants.
- 5 small eggplants
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced purple onion
- 1 leek thinly slices
- 2 medium sized red tomatoes diced
- 1 cup gold nugget (or small cherry) tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- 3 chopped up cilantro leaves
- In a medium sauce pan bring 4 cups water to a boil
- Thinly slice the eggplants and put them in the boiling water for no longer than 3 minutes.
- Drain as much water out of it as you can without damaging or bruising the eggplant
- Heat up the olive oil a small frying pan.
- Saute the onions and leeks until the onion is slightly caramelized
- In a medium mixing bowl place the eggplants, onions, leeks, and tomatoes
- Sprinkle vinegar and salt and mix.
- Garnish with cilantro