Summer has been so good to us this year. I'm trying desperately to hold on to any remainders of this wonderful season. I've already frozen tons of slices of peaches for a cold winter afternoon when I need a juicy peach cobbler. I'm now making my way through all the blackberries we have close to our house. Jam will be made, don't you worry. For now, because we've been enduring the craziest heat wave, the blackberries are turned into smoothies and other cold treats. So far my favorite has been the frozen yogurt. We used yogurt cheese instead of plain yogurt and this thing came out insanely creamy.
Creamy Blackberry Frozen Yogurt
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 3 cups yogurt cheese (or Greek yogurt)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk ( 14 ounce can, it's fine if it's a bit more or a bit less)
- In a blender, puree the blackberries with the sweetened condensed milk.
- In a medium bowl mix the puree with the yogurt cheese.
- Pour the mixture in to your ice-cream maker and follow the manufacturer's directions.