I am a frozen yogurt fanatic. I can't digest ice-cream so I have to go wih substitutes and in my opinion the best is frozen yogurt, strawberry frozen yogurt to be exact, thick, thick, thick, frozen yogurt. Recently I posted a creamy blackberry frozen yogurt that I made using yogurt cheese. And for a September Foodbuzz 24,24,24 I made vanilla frozen yogurt, also from yogurt cheese. This week I didn't have time to make yogurt cheese so I used the Fage yogurt, which by the way is on my top ten most delicious foods out there, high-five to Fage yogurt. If you don't have access to Fage get a substitute Greek style yogurt or better yet make your own yogurt.
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt with Fage
- 3 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 cups sugar
- 3 cups Fage yogurt
- Place your sliced strawberries in a small saucepan with sugar and bring to a boil.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Once it is cool place the strawberries in a blender and puree on high for 30 seconds.
- In a mixing bowl fold the puree into the yogurt.
- Place the yogurt mixture in your ice cream maker and follow the directions found in your ice cream maker manual. Every ice cream maker is different.
I usually make Strawberry frozen yogurt with sweetened condensed milk. If you want to use sweetened condensed milk instead, then substitute the sugar for the sweetened condensed milk and skip the boiling part. Just puree the milk with the strawberries in a blender.