yields 6 servings
- 1 package bow-tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup pesto
- 6 ounce package frozen chopped spinach (defrost and then squeeze dry)
- 1 freshly squeezed lime
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas (defrosted)
- 1/3 cup toasted pignolis
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the bow ties in a large pot for 10-12 minutes, until al dente.
- Drain and toss the pasta with the olive oil.
- In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, puree the pesto, spinach, lemon juice and mayonnaise.
- Add the pesto mixture to the cooled pasta.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, peas, and pignolis. Mix well and season to taste.
- Serve at room temperature.