Enzo had his preschool graduation yesterday and we made some cookie lollipops together to give to his teacher and friends. So fun. Not really sure what we're going to do in the summer to keep him occupied but I guess we'll figure it out. Do you have any graduations to go to this month? Next week Christian's cousin is graduating from Stanford, I'm excited to join in on the festivities maybe I'll make these again. Who doesn't love a glorified cookies?
I do. I do.
These are easy to make. If you can make a sugar cookie than you can make a sugar cookie lollipop. All you need are lollipop sticks. I got mine form my local crafts stores. Or you can use these from Amazon 4 1/2 x 5/32" SUCKERSTICK Paper Sucker Lolly Lollipop Sticks 50 Count.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl cream the sugar and butter for 1 minute in high speed.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix.
- Let chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 300*
- Roll out the dough in small batches. Make sure the it's at least 3/4 inches thick.
- Cut with your favorite cookie cutter shapes.
- carefully put the lollipop sticks in the middle of each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool completely before frosting and decorating