Baked sandwiches are one of my all time favorite meals to make for the fam. It's hearty. It's relatively quick. Everyone eats it. WIN!
As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program I received a free coupon for a loaf of Nature's Pride Bread. I've shared a baked sandwich recipe before but I think this one wins the prize. The bread makes all the difference and I loved using Nature's Pride potato bread. And I am not just saying that because of the free coupon, so stop that!
Seriously, I'm a huge-o fan of potato bread. I usually get the hiccups while I'm eating it. Weird no? It's so doughy and dense, I love it. This baked sandwich kind of felt like a lasagna only way easier to make.
Baked Ham and Cheese Sandwich
- 12 slices potato bread bread
- 2 cups Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices thick cut ham
- freshly grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Place the Alfredo sauce on a large casserole pan with the Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the slices of bread inside the casserole and make sure the bread absorbs the sauce well.
- On another casserole pan layer a slice of bread, cream cheese, a slice of cheddar cheese, a slice of ham and another slice of bread. Repeat a second time and add Romano cheese on top.
- There is enough to make 4 large sandwiches.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese if fully melted.
- serve warm.