This is certainly the time of year for apples and candy. I like to tell Enzo that this is a candy apple even though it's just peanut butter.
Take that sneaky chef!
Peanut Butter Candy Apple
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons granola
- your favorite kind of spinkles
- wash out your apples really well so you get the wax off the apple. If you pick the apples from a tree it's easier to wash.
- Dry them off completely before spreading the peanut butter on them.
- Place a stick (I had the neighborhood kids pick their own sticks. Make sure it's from a non toxic tree) in the apple. Make sure the stick goes all the way down. This will make it easier for you to put peanut butter on it and easier for the kids to hold.
- Spread peanut butter around the apple. I like to use a spoon for this, somehow it makes it easier.
- Mix the granola and sprinkles together on a plate.
- Roll the apple around the the granola mixture. It will stick easily to the apple because of the peanut butter.
They'll love finding their own sticks
and rolling their apples on granola and sprinkles.
oh, and that cute kid is unfortunately not my son.
It's a cute neighbor who likes my cooking.
I wish he were mine!