bring on the bacon.
and the [fried] apples.
Pumpkin-Fried Apple Soup with Leeks and Bacon
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 apples (cut in small cubes)
- 16 slices of bacon
- 1 large leek
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 cup water
- Fry the bacon in a frying pan and remove the slices when it is crispy and set aside.
- chop the apples, leek, garlic and onion and add to the bacon grease. Fry on medium heat until crispy.
- In a medium sized pan bring the pumpkin puree and water to a boil. Add the fried apples, leeks, garlic, and onion and simmer on low for 15 minutes. season with salt an pepper to taste.
- Crumble the bacon and add to the soup right before serving.